Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hard fought battle... and an awesome night sky!

O God of my praise, Do not be silent! For they have opened their wicked and deceitful mouth against me; they have spoken against me with a lying tongue. They have also surrounded me with words of hatred, and fought against me without cause. In return for my love they act as my accusers; but I am in prayer. Thus they have repaid me evil for good and hatred for my love. Psalm 109: 1-5
It has sure been one long week.  I feel as though I have been through an emotional wringer repeatedly.  I had years of pent up emotions explode like a volcano of epic proportions.  I know I am supposed to turn a cheek and not get angry, but I am only human and this has been a long time coming... about thirty years.  It took an attack on my children for me to have had ENOUGH!  You automatically assume if someone is family that you have to have them in your life, but there are times when it is necessary to remove toxic relationships, even if it is a family member.  I have realized this week that this is the best course of action in this situation and the only other thing I can do is pray.  I am sad that this person is doing everything possible to distance me from someone who has always been an important part of my life, someone who I love very much but this is another thing I have to put into God's hands.  This week I said many things I should have continued to hold back and had many things said to me that were meant to destroy me.  But the great thing is… I have a relationship with a wonderful, loving, and forgiving Lord and Savior.  He has forgiven me and has given me the strength to withstand this attack against me.  I also have the ability to pray that maybe this person will find God and know the forgiveness, grace, and love He has to offer.  However, I do not have to let this person bring hatred, selfishness, and jealousy into my life.  Hatred, selfishness and jealousy can eat you alive and turn you into something almost monstrous.  Satan loves to use these emotions to sabotage each and every life around.  But God gives me the ability to stand firm against any weapon yielded against me.  Attacks may hurt or wound, but they will not destroy.
Ok, to get off the proverbial soap box and on a lighter note.  Did anyone else see the awesome site of Jupiter in the night sky?  Sitting there with my children, looking at the amazing creation of God… I felt more peace than I thought I could feel.  How blessed we are!  God took such care to create the heavens and the earth for us, just for us and we take it for granted so often.  I am glad I took the time to stop and enjoy it with my children.  I may just make it a new habit!!!
O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!
      Your glory is higher than the heavens.
 You have taught children and infants
      to tell of your strength,
   silencing your enemies
      and all who oppose you.
 When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers—
      the moon and the stars you set in place—
 what are mere mortals that you should think about them,
      human beings that you should care for them?
 Yet you made them only a little lower than God
      and crowned them with glory and honor.
 You gave them charge of everything you made,
      putting all things under their authority—
 the flocks and the herds
      and all the wild animals,
 the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea,
      and everything that swims the ocean currents.
 O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!
                                                           -Psalm 8:1-9